Sunday, March 19, 2006

Reason for the Spouse of a Diabetic Journal

I started out as the live-in girlfriend of a diabetic. My husband's diagnosis came after we'd been living together for only four months. In many ways, it robbed us of ever having a normal life together.

Now, I am the wife of a diabetic, and its ravages are much more real to me. My husband has gotten much better at taking care of himself over time. He has learned to deal with the day-to-day demands of having diabetes, and his anger has begun to subside.

Being Brian's wife also means being the mother of his son. That fear is one with which I have not deal yet. The thought of my handsome little boy having diabetes and what that would mean to our lives is not something I have permitted myself to consider.

I hope that my blog can help me to continue to heal my own anger at this disease and the hand we've been dealt. I also hope that those of you who are reading it can get some comfort and help in dealing with your own diabetic spouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home